Introduction to Ice Program
This short 3 - 4 week program is for youth who are 3 - 6 years old who have no skating experience. Each class is 30 minutes in length and will feature age appropriate, off and on-ice activities including games and music. At the end of this program, students will be given a "Good Job" award with instructors evaluation notes. Ice skates and helmets required. Skate rental available for $3 pr.
Upcoming Introduction to Ice Program Dates
- January 7, 14, 21, 28; Saturday Morning Classes (4 sessions) $40 - Class is FULL
- January 10, 17, 24; Tuesday Morning Classes (3 sessions) $30 - Class is FULL
- January 30, February 6, 13; Monday Morning Classes (3 sessions) $30 - Registration Open
- February 4, 11, 18, 25; Saturday Morning Classes (4 sessions) $40 - Class is FULL
- February 7, 14, 21; Tuesday Morning Classes (3 sessions) $30 - Registration Open
- March 25, April 1, 8; Saturday Morning Classes (3 sessions) $30
- April 22, 29, May 6; Saturday Morning Classes (3 sessions) $30
Click on the register online button for additional
program information including specific class times.
Andover Skate School - Ice Skating Lesson ProgramsThe Andover Skate School offers ice skating lesson programs for skaters, age 3 - adult. Click on the class names listed below and choose the class and level that’s best describes skaters skills. Classes include a 30 minute lesson and 30 minute on-ice practice time. The first week of class, coaches will teach safety precautions, introduce skills and ensure students are in the correct class. Students will also receive a complimentary $10 punch card to use towards skate rental, skate sharpening and/or future open skate sessions. Students will be evaluated during the last two days of class and achievement cards and certificates will be awarded. Students must pass all skills to advance to the next level.
Upcoming Learn to Skate School Program Dates
Spring 2017 Session: March 25, April 1, 8, 22, 29, May 6, 2017; Saturday Mornings (6 sessions) $75 Please note No lessons held Easter Weekend April 15
Registration for Spring program will open the week of January 23rd.
- Fall 2017 Session: October - November 2017; Saturday Mornings
- Winter Session: January 7 - February 25, 2017; Saturday Mornings (8 sessions) Classes have filled -
Registration is CLOSED for Winter Session
PALS Parent/Child Class Ages 3 - 4
BASIC Ages 5 - 12
FREESTYLE Ages 8 & Older
Intro to Hockey - Jr Huskies Jr. Huskies is a program sponsored by the Andover Huskies Youth Hockey Association for youth ages 3 - 8. This program will introduce youth to the sport of Hockey. Youth participating in this program should have already participated in the Andover Community Center Introduction to Ice Program or have taken basic ice skating skills. For more information, visit the AHYHA.
Q: Who teaches the learn to skate programs?
A: Meet our Learn to Skate School Staff (PDF)
Additional questions, contact the Andover Community Center at 763-755-3238 or by email